Forces That Unite - Day 2
TedxAccra in collaboration with CEEK brings you a highly interactive and inspiring virtual experience; making an unforgettable comeback in an empowering event that takes back Africa’s collective voice and stories.
The event underscores TEDxAccra’s theme of “Forces That Unite” inspired by the famous 1963 “Africa Must Unite” speech, delivered by Ghana’s first president, and the father of modern- day Pan-Africanism, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Dr. Nkrumah recognized the transformational power of collective efforts and emphasized the importance to unify to seek change. His now famous words shape the theme of conversations from around the world especially fitting for Accra, Ghana.
The event is based of three pillars from Dr. Nkrumah’s speech:
Rewind – Looking back at our past and acknowledging lessons learnt and knowledge gained.
Reflect – Unlearning past missteps and understanding what is needed to define our narrative
Redefine – using our voices and telling our stories like only we can. Our future our terms.
“Accra is uniquely positioned to share not only ideas worth spreading from the local community, but from the various people who call Accra home.” Kojo Terry Oppong, Founder, TEDxAccra
The event will include some of the best minds from the African continent and the Diaspora. When described by others, Africa’s narrative is still misrepresented as one with tumultuous strife and struggle. They will expel these false narratives and fulfill TedXAccra’s mission by highlighting the beauty, resilience, strength, and brilliance of Africa and Africans.
• Vic Mensa (Artist,Activist, and Philanthropist)
• Eugene Ayisi (Founding Director, Dominion Capital)
• Ivy Prosper (Founder and Owner of Prosper Creative Group)
• Thebe Ikalafeng (Founder & CEO of Brand Leadership Group, Founder & Chairman of Brand Africa Founder & Principal Africa Brand Leadership Academy)
• June Gachui (Founder & Principal - JGIP Consultants, Lawyer, Thespian, Artist, and Entrepreneur)
• Max Rivera (Head of EMEA Expansion at SNAP Inc.)
• Bernard Sokpe (Co-Founder of Brandmeister and Ripple Influence)
• Amma Gyampo (Co-Founder and CEO of Scale up Africa)
• Jacqueline Jones (Head of Strategic Partnerships For Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at LinkedIn)
• Joshua Andrews-Egyir (Educator and Youth Activist)
• Yayra Agbofah (Founder of Afro District & Founder of The Revival)
• Safo Akonnor (Podcast Host, The Conversations in the Dark)
• Chiziterem Uwaga (Founder of SmartSeal and Co-Founder of Junity)
• Mohammed Shehu (B2B Content Marketer)
• Kym Oliver (Co-Founder of Triple Cripples)
• Iyin Aboyeji (General Partner and Co-Founder, Future Africa)
• Sally Osafo - Self Proclaimed "Girl Next Door"
• Michael Amey - CEO, Koi International Worship Cente
TEDxAccra is organized by a core team of dedicated volunteers – the changemakers and optimists, the community builders and creatives, the fall down 9 times get up 10 times gang!